Kick-start your career with valuable work experience and support for your education. The BMO Financial Group/Lime Connect Canada Scholarship and Internship Program for Students with Disabilities is a program designed to attract talented students enrolled full-time in post-secondary education in Canada to work with us. Successful applicants will receive a scholarship and internship position as a Financial Services Manager in BMO Financial Group's Personal and Commercial Banking Group. Comprehensive training, coaching and mentoring will all be provided to set you on the path for success.
Selected scholars receive C$2500 to support their future studies and an internship position for May-August at one of BMO's branches across Canada.
2013 Eligibility Requirements:
- A current undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at a four-year university or recognized college in Canada (graduate program itself, i.e., business school, may be shorter in length)
- Continuing studies as a full time student in fall 2014 with a minimum 40% course load
- Strong interest in, and passion for, pursuing a career as a Financial Services Manager at one of BMO's branches across Canada and available to work summer 2014 in an internship position
- Canadian resident eligible to legally work in Canada
- A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
- (Note: previous BMO Financial Group Lime Connect scholars and applicants, as well as current internal employees who are presently in school and returning in 2014, are encouraged to apply in 2013 if they are eligible!)
About the Financial Services Manager Position
What it is:
The Financial Services Manager is a core branch role, with knowledge of financial solutions and BMO products across everyday banking, investments and lending. Financial Services Managers simplify the complex, understand our customer needs and guide them with the right options and solutions. Students will develop relationships directly with customers.
A typical workday:
Scholars will learn about BMO's products and services and how to present them to customers; shadow a full-time employee and attend client meetings or calls; and get an introduction to the critical front-line customer experience that it as the heart of BMO's banking business.
What we're looking for in applicants:
Recipients of the scholarship and internship position should demonstrate a passion for delivering great customer experiences; be expert listeners and skilled communicators who enjoy working with people; and possess the ability to provide proactive, professional and knowledgeable banking solutions to our customers. The recipients should also exemplify a strong desire to want to work as a Financial Services Manager and see this internship as an avenue to further oportunities within Retail Banking.
How to Apply:
Applications closed in December. When new applications are open, candidates will via The Lime Network and provide the following:
- Contact and education information
- Current resume/CV
- Copy of current university/college transcripts
- Answer to an essay question (250 words or less) related to how you overcame adversity or a challenge in your life
- One letter of reference from a professor, adviser or supervisor
BMO Financial Group is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity we gain strength through our people and our perspectives.