You're ambitious. You've got a passion for business. You want to work for a company where you're challenged on a daily basis and where you'll get genuine responsibility from day one. Whatever you want out of your career, you can achieve it at IBM. To help you get started, the IBM Lime Connect Canada Scholarship & Internship Program for Students with Disabilities provides recipients with a $5,000 scholarship and 2011 paid internship - introducing you to the career you want at one of the most successful companies in history.
- A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution in Canada.
- A citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, software engineering or other discipline related to the information technology industry.
- A current third year student (or one year remaining) at a four-year university in Canada.
- One who demonstrates a commitment to and passion for technology.
How to Apply:
Candidates will apply online via The Lime Network, and provide the following:
- Contact and education information;
- Current copy of resume/CV;
- Copy of current university transcripts; and
- Answer to a 700-word essay question related to your desire to work at IBM and your ideas for a Smarter Planet that will help us to get to know you better.
- Finalists may be required to provide two letters of reference from a professor, advisor or supervisor.
The application deadline for the 2011 IBM Lime Connect Canada Scholarship and Internship Program was November 21, 2010.
Register on this site with The Lime Network, or join Friends of The Lime Network, and we'll notify you when the application for the 2012 IBM Lime Connect Canada Scholarship & Internship Program launches!