Applications for 2017 are closed - stay tuned for the 2018 application launch in May 2018
A place to be more. The BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Education Scholarship can help you do big things. Lime Connect is pleased to be an Equity Through Education partner of BMO Capital Markets to provide scholarships for students with disabilities. Launched in 2005, Equity Through Education helps people achieve their dreams by getting the opportunity to develop themselves through education, and the program builds a diverse workforce.
Selected recipients will receive $10,000USD (students in the US) or $5,000USD (students in Canada) to support their future studies.
2018 Scholarship Applicants must match the following criteria:
- A current undergraduate or graduate student at a four-year university in the United States or Canada (graduate program itself, e.g., business school, may be shorter in length)
- Continuing studies as a full-time student in Fall 2019 with a minimum 40% course load
- Pursuing a degree in business/commerce, engineering, math, physics, statistics or a related discipline
- Interested in a career in Financial Services with a focus on Capital Markets preferred
- A person with a (visible or non-visible) disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Previous BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Education scholars and applicants are encouraged to apply again if they remain eligible
How to apply when applications are open:
To apply, log into or join The Lime Network. There you'll find the link to our online application system where you will provide:
- Contact and education information
- Current copy of resume/CV
- Copy of current university transcripts
- Answer to an essay question related to your career goals and why you believe you should be selected as a BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Education Scholar that will help us to get to know you better, and
- One letter of reference from a professor, advisor, supervisor, etc.
About The BMO Capital Markets Equity Through Education initiative:
Equity Through Education is a charitable initiative aimed at creating a more diverse workplace by offering support to help people realize their educational ambitions by giving them opportunities they might not otherwise have. On one day each year all North American institutional equity trading commissions are donated to organizations dedicated to the education of bright and deserving individuals. To date, Equity Through Education has raised C$17.9 million (US$15.7 million). This translates into assistance to over 3,000 students through scholarships, bursaries and job search strategy forums. Lime Connect is proud to have been selected as an Equity Through Education partner in 2011.
BMO Capital Markets is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity we gain strength through our people and our perspectives.