Lime Connect believes strongly in the potential of high school students who happen to have all types of disabilities, and is committed to supporting their future. In 2019, we were pleased to launch our inaugural Pathways Scholarship designed for current high school seniors who are pursuing a degree at a four-year university or college in either the U.S. or Canada.
Recipients of the Lime Connect Pathways Scholarship each receive $1,000 in support of their university/college studies. The awards are merit-based, but financial need will be taken into consideration.
Meet our 2019 Pathways Scholarship recipients!
The Pathways Scholarship is funded through proceeds from our annual Lime Connect Century Ride. Find out how you can participate to support next year's scholarship recipients. Click here to learn more.
2020 Scholarship Applicants must match the following criteria:
- Have, or consider themselves to have a visible or invisible disability*
- Current high school senior in the U.S. or Canada graduating in the Spring or Summer of 2020
- Accepted to, or applied and awaiting acceptance to, a 4-year university or college in the U.S. or Canada for the 2020-2021 academic year
- Intending to be enrolled full time in that 4-year university or college in Fall 2020
* An individual with a disability is defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applications for the 2020 Pathways Scholarship are not yet open. Please check back for more information.
How to apply:
Join, or log into The Lime Network. There, you'll find the link to our online application system where you will provide:
- General Background Information ( e.g., contact information, and details about your intended college/university)
- Answer one essay question related to living successfully with a disability
The application process:
- 2020 Finalists will be selected from overall applications, and all applicants will be notified of their status by a date to be determined.
- 2020 Finalists (only) will then submit one letter of reference from a teacher, advisor, supervisor, youth leader, etc. by a date to be determined.
- Selected Scholars will provide verification of university or college acceptance prior to receiving the award (mid- to late July). Any applicant found to not be attending a four-year university or college full time in Fall 2020 will forfeit their award
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT YOUR LIME NETWORK PROFILE:
You will be asked to select your "current institution." You may select your intended university/college, or you may select "no current institution" if you are not certain of which one you will attend. You may log back in at any time to update your profile.
Not a match? Register with The Lime Network, or join Friends of The Lime Network (for those without disabilities) and we'll notify you when the applications for other scholarships and career opportunities launch.