Pictured: Lime Connect Fellows Class of 2018
The Lime Connect Fellowship Program For Students with Disabilities is our flagship program in the U.S. designed for highly accomplished rising juniors with disabilities.
Applications for the 2023 Fellows class will launch in early December!
This prestigious program:
- guides Fellows through the summer internship recruitment process
- connects them with our corporate partners - some of the world's leading corporations - for potential Summer 2023 internships and more
- deepens their leadership skills
- prepares them for success in their internship
- builds their confidence as a person with a disability
- engages them in a Lime Connect Fellowship community, including previous Fellows classes
- provides access to prestigious scholarships
The Fellowship Program kicks off with a leadership & development symposium in New York in July and offers individual coaching, webinars, mentoring, and Fellows community discussions throughout the year.* Upon "graduation" from the program, Fellows become part of the larger Lime Connect Fellows Community and have access to ongoing professional development, community and networking opportunities throughout their careers.
Have questions about the program and application?
“I know that applying for a program related to your disability can feel a little intimidating – at least, it was for me. Though it may feel daunting, you won’t find the knowledge, support, and close relationships developed through the Lime Connect Fellowship Program anywhere else. Lime Connect showed me that I can achieve anything with my disability, and I know that it can do that for others too. Apply, apply, apply! You won’t regret it!” - Tyler (2018 Fellow)
2022 Lime Connect Fellowship Program Eligibility Requirements:
- A current sophomore at a four-year university in the United States
Continuing studies as a full-time student for the 2022 - 2023 academic year
Eligible to work in the United States
A person with a (visible or invisible) disability.*
Lime Connect Fellow Benefits:
Participation in an expense-paid Leadership & Development Symposium in New York City*
Access to Lime Connect's partner companies (AstraZeneca, BlackRock, Bloomberg, EY, Goldman Sachs, Google, Johnson & Johnson, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Microsoft, PwC, Sony, and Unilever) via networking events, career workshops & more for potential summer 2023 internships
Ongoing professional development, coaching, and mentoring for internship and career success
Lifelong benefits of The Lime Connect Fellows Network
Further development of Lime Connect's Fellowship Program and mentoring for future Fellows classes
*NOTE: The Leadership & Development Symposium listed above is slated to take place in New York City, assuming COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. If necessary symposium programming will take place virtually.
How To Apply
**This is a two-part application. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.**
Log into, or join, The Lime Network and provide the following:
- Contact and education information
- Current resume
- Answers to two brief essay questions
- If selected as a finalist, you will be required to submit additional materials including a letter of recommendation (see below)
Applicants will submit the following:
- Two essays (400 words or less) describing your leadership qualities and your career goals
- Applications will open in early December! Stay tuned.
Selected semi-finalists will submit the following:
- Two essays (400 words or less) describing breaking stereotypes and your motivation to apply to this program
- One letter of recommendation from a professor, advisor, or supervisor**
We encourage all applicants to be prepared to submit their reference information to ensure they meet deadline requirements.**
If selected, candidates will attend the following events in New York City (and virtual)*:
Lime Connect Fellows Selection Super Day with corporate partners
* (Super Days are typically hosted in NYC - this year's sessions will be hosted virtually via Zoom)
Lime Connect Fellows Leadership & Development Symposium
*The Leadership and Development Symposium is slated to take place in New York City, assuming COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. If necessary, Symposium programming will take place virtually
**Travel (within the U.S.), food, and accommodations will be provided for all selected Finalists (Super Days) and Fellows (the Leadership and Development Symposium).**