Pictured: Lime Connect Fellows Class of 2019
The Lime Connect Fellowship Program For Students with Disabilities is our flagship program in the U.S. designed for highly accomplished rising juniors with disabilities.
Applications for the 2022 Fellows class are OPEN! Apply by February 27th!
This prestigious program:
- guides Fellows through the summer internship recruitment process
- connects them with our corporate partners - some of the world's leading corporations - for potential Summer 2023 internships and more
- deepens their leadership skills
- prepares them for success in their internship
- builds their confidence as a person with a disability
- engages them in a Lime Connect Fellowship community, including previous Fellows classes
- provides access to prestigious scholarships
The Fellowship Program kicks off with a leadership & development symposium in New York in July and offers individual coaching, webinars, mentoring, and Fellows community discussions throughout the year.* Upon "graduation" from the program, Fellows become part of the larger Lime Connect Fellows Community and have access to ongoing professional development, community and networking opportunities throughout their careers.
Learn about the experience directly from current Fellows: Emeline, Jim, Tyler. Also, check out this short video for additional insight!
2022 Lime Connect Fellowship Program Eligibility Requirements:
A current sophomore at a four-year university in the United States
Continuing studies as a full-time student for the 2022 - 2023 academic year
Eligible to work in the United States
A person with a (visible or invisible) disability.*
Lime Connect Fellow Benefits:
Participation in an expense-paid Leadership & Development Symposium in New York City*
Access to Lime Connect's partner companies (BlackRock, Bloomberg, EY, Goldman Sachs, Google, Johnson & Johnson, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Microsoft, PwC, Sony, and Unilever) via networking events, career workshops & more for potential summer 2023 internships
Ongoing professional development, coaching, and mentoring for internship and career success
Lifelong benefits of The Lime Connect Fellows Network
Further development of Lime Connect's Fellowship Program and mentoring for future Fellows classes
*NOTE: The Leadership & Development Symposium listed above is slated to take place in New York City, assuming COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. If necessary symposium programming will take place virtually.
How To Apply
**This is a two-part application. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.**
Log into, or join, The Lime Network and provide the following:
- Contact and education information
- Current resume
- Answers to two brief essay questions
- If selected as a finalist, you will be required to submit additional materials including a letter of recommendation (see below)
Applicants will submit the following:
- Two essays (400 words or less) describing your leadership qualities and your career goals
- Deadline to apply: Sunday, February 27th @ midnight PST
Selected semi-finalists will submit the following:
- Two essays (400 words or less) describing breaking stereotypes and your motivation to apply to this program - due Sunday, March 27th (@ midnight PST)
- One letter of recommendation from a professor, advisor, or supervisor** (due by April 3rd)
We encourage all applicants to be prepared to submit their reference information to ensure they meet deadline requirements.**
If selected, candidates will attend the following events in New York City (and virtual)*:
Thursday, May 19th or Friday, May 20th (Finalists)
Lime Connect Fellows Selection Super Day with corporate partners
* (Super Days are typically hosted in NYC - this year's sessions will be hosted virtually via Zoom)
Wednesday, July 27th through Sunday, July 31st (Fellows)
Lime Connect Fellows Leadership & Development Symposium
*The Leadership and Development Symposium is slated to take place in New York City, assuming COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. If necessary, Symposium programming will take place virtually
**Travel (within the U.S.), food, and accommodations will be provided for all selected Finalists (Super Days) and Fellows (the Leadership and Development Symposium).**
* A person with a disability is defined as someone who has or considers themselves to have, a long-term or recurring issue that impacts one or more activities that others may consider to be a daily function. This definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus (and 70% of disabilities among the general population) are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to join The Lime Network and take full advantage of the benefits it offers.
Have more questions? Join us for a Virtual Information Session!
Wednesday, January 19th at 8 pm EST (Click here to register)
Wednesday, February 14th at 3 pm EST (Click here to register)